The Cambridge Churches Homeless Project will run again this year.
The Project runs throughout the winter across seven churches, one for each night of the week, who take turns to provide a friendly welcome, hot supper, and safe space to sleep to guests referred to us by Jimmy’s and other organisations within the city. Volunteers from our churches act as hosts each night, and the scheme is joined up by a team of support workers who offer pastoral care and links to further help for those of our guests who need it.
Volunteers are needed to help out. For this season, people are needed to:
- Cook supper for 20 people, once a fortnight or once a month;
- Help with serving and clearing away;
- Stay the night at church (in teams of 4) taking turns to sleep and keep watch;
- Talk with our guests and enjoy their company – or even play cards or chess!
If you are interested, or would like to know more, you are warmly invited to join us for supper and a short talk on what volunteering involves on one of three evenings, all at 7:30 pm:
- Tuesday 3rd November at Little St Mary’s, Trumpington St.
- Thursday 5th November at St Giles, Castle Hill
- Thursday 12th November at Great St Mary’s
or email email@example.com for more information. You don’t need a career in social work, or even in hospitality, to be a huge help: all you need is a friendly interest, and a willingness to give and be blessed!